Saturday, December 26, 2009

journey to the outer islands - I

Dear reader, can I make the funniest confession. Don’t judge me too harshly, please, for though you have probably bought most of my previous books for large sums of money when you could, perchance, be feeding the poor or yourself or your offspring, it’s not as though you could have spent it on anything better or more improving – on occasion, sometimes, I have periodically got in a ghostwriter in to fill up the word count on a book or two. There, I said it. Or three or fourteen.

But my newest book – to be published by the goodly Godly golden good golly religious right down at Affirm Press in February 2010 – I am pleased to say, represents a tried and tested piece of work. It is a compendium of advice and value entitled Advice to Young People on Leaving Home. It really does contain quite a bit of advice on leaving home, for young people. And I know it works rockingly phat well. For you see, just as I laid down my diamond-studded typewriter and considered the book at an end – I merely had to roll up the manuscript and tuck it into the canister that slips into the spring-triggered vacuum tube – I left home myself. I did. I will tell you all about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment